We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration details. For more details about how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice
“My dedicated team and I are passionate about person-centred care, ensuring a good quality of life and making every day meaningful for our residents. .” – Liz McLauchlan, General Manager
Sunrise of Weybridge is a care home providing personalised dementia care, assisted living in Weybridge, Surrey. Respite care is also available if your loved one needs to recover after a hospital stay or if you simply need a break from your everyday routine.
Rated 'Good' by CQC for its high-quality care, our care home in Weybridge offers personalised care and lifestyle services to help your loved one live their best.
We know that even small things – like personalising your room or being able to have your favourite meal in the dining room – can mean a great deal. That’s why we work with you and your loved ones to tailor the care plan for their unique needs.
It’s also important for our residents to stay active, both mentally and physically. Our dedicated activities and events coordinator works hard to create a range of activities, entertainment including gardening club, walking club and weekly exercise class, trips and outings.
Sunrise of Weybridge is located in the prestigious Surrey town of Weybridge, close to Queens Road shops and restaurants. There is easy access to roads and rail links, making it a convenient location for visiting family and friends.
Residents enjoy our beautifully secluded landscaped gardens as well as close proximity to Brooklands Museum and RHS Wisley Garden plus other locations such as Mercedes Benz World.
All our Sunrise locations have team members that are qualified and experienced in offering palliative care. If you’d like to speak with someone about options and next steps, call us today or complete the form to arrange a visit.
● "A well-planned inviting environment designed to make residents feel quickly really welcome." Trevor J., Brother of a Resident
● 'All the staff and volunteers are very helpful and ensure residents dignity is maintained. There are lots of activities to fill the time for residents." Chris H., Son of a Resident
● "The food is very tasty (personal experience) and nicely presented - with a varied selection. Plenty of help to make Mum feel comfortable in her new home." D.J.T., Son of a Resident
● "Mum has settled in very well and we could not wish for better care, they are all wonderful. Thanks to all the staff." Alex K., Son of a Resident
● "Staff went out of their way to help and support my mother-in-law settle in. She now reports that she feels "very lucky" to be there!" Linda T., Daughter-in-Law of a Resident
*These testimonials have been independently checked by Carehome.co.uk
Our Weybridge care home includes:
● Fully furnished en suite rooms
● Range of daily activities and social events
● Freshly prepared, nutritious meals
● Bright and airy bistro
● Comfortable, homely lounges
● Minibus for outings and day trips
● Picturesque landscaped garden
● Sociable dining rooms
● Option to personalise their room
We’d love to show you around the community and answer any questions you have. You can get in touch via the form on this page or give us a call on 01932 361028
Click here to learn more about Sunrise of Weybridge
*Any data and information submitted will not be shared outside of Sunrise Senior Living and Gracewell Healthcare, our senior living and luxury care home offerings.
We understand what a worrying time this is to be looking for care for a loved one. That’s why we want to reassure you that our dedicated teams are working tirelessly to keep our residents safe and to look after not only their physical but their mental wellbeing.
Whether you require residential, dementia, or palliative care, in the short or long term, we are - and always will be - here for you.
Please call us on 01932 911042 to find out more about life at Sunrise of Weybridge.
As our residents are all particularly vulnerable to the COVID-19 infection, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all visits from relatives and friends, unless in exceptional circumstances. We do not take this decision lightly; reducing visitors into our homes will help protect the health and safety of residents which is our priority. Visits from healthcare professionals and for matters relating to health and safety continue with appropriate precautions.
Our intention is to follow public health advice to determine when visits will return to normal. We will continue to do our best to support residents to keep in touch with loved ones via other methods, such as phone and video calls, letters or emails in the short term.