We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration details. For more details about how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice
Sunrise of Westbourne is a care home providing personalised nursing, dementia care and assisted living in Westbourne, Bournemouth. Respite care is also available if your loved one needs to recover after a hospital stay or if you simply need a break from your everyday routine.End of life care is also an option for those who need comfort and nursing care towards the end of their lives.
With 61 years of experience within our Heads of Departments and Senior Carers, we’re proud that we have been inspected and rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
We know that even small things – like personalising your room or being able to have your favourite meal in the dining room – can mean a great deal. That’s why we work with you and your loved ones to tailor the care plan for their unique needs.
It’s also important for our residents to stay active, both mentally and physically. Our dedicated activities and events coordinator works hard to create a range of classes including knit and natter, singing and dancing, entertainment, trips and outings.
All our Sunrise locations have team members that are qualified and experienced in offering palliative care. If you’d like to speak with someone about options and next steps, call us today or complete the form to arrange a visit.
Sunrise of Westbourne is situated within easy access to the centre of Bournemouth and the mainline train station. We are also near the beautiful beaches of Bournemouth and Poole.
● "From the first day mum moved in, the staff have been superb. They are all incredibly caring people showing huge empathy towards all the residents." Neil B., Son of a Resident
● "Mum has settled far more quickly than I expected. The home itself is beautiful, the coffee shop, lounge and dining room are perfect. Wonderful atmosphere." A.M., Daughter of a Resident
● "A vibrant and welcoming community with a 'nothing's too much trouble' outlook. From the housekeeping right up to the senior management." Richard M., Son of a Resident
● "Beautiful care home with a fantastic staff that are so passionate about the care they deliver." Abigail B., Friend of a Resident
● ‘Sunrise have provided the surety of mum’s safety and happiness when we were away. They are tireless in their efforts to make everyone comfortable, safe and enjoy their living. The palliative care offered was outstanding. Staff ensured mum had a comfortable, peaceful passing with her family.’ C.W., Daughter of a Resident
*These testimonials have been independently checked by Carehome.co.uk
Our Westbourne care home includes:
● Fully furnished ensuite rooms
● Range of daily activities and social events
● Freshly prepared, nutritious meals
● Bright and airy bistro
● Comfortable, homely lounges
● Minibus for outings and day trips
● Picturesque landscaped garden
● Sociable dining rooms
● Option to personalise their room
Deputy Manager, Doina Tampu-Ababei received the 'Champion of Quality Care 2018' award for Sunrise of Westbourne.
We are very proud to announce that Sunrise of Westbourne was awarded a place in the "Top 20 Care Homes South West England 2020" by Carehome.co.uk, read here for more!
Our Westbourne care home is very proud to be a registered 'Safe Haven' - An initiative that involves a temporary place of safety (Safe Haven) that Dorset Police can take someone to (who has dementia-type symptoms) who has been found lost, while identification is made and a carer is located.
Sunrise of Westbourne is delighted to have been awarded the Quality Hallmark Award at Platinum status for their End of Life Care, following a re accreditation by the Gold Standards Framework (GSF).
Visit our care home in Westbourne and discover what life is like at our friendly and warm community. Find out more about our services and book a tour today on 01202 629476.
We understand what a worrying time this is to be looking for care for a loved one. That’s why we want to reassure you that our dedicated teams are working tirelessly to keep our residents safe and to look after not only their physical but their mental wellbeing.
Whether you require residential, dementia, nursing or palliative care, in the short or long term, we are - and always will be - here for you.
Please call Wendy on 01202 629476 to find out more about life at Sunrise of Westbourne.
As our residents are all particularly vulnerable to the COVID-19 infection, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all visits from relatives and friends, unless in exceptional circumstances. We do not take this decision lightly; reducing visitors into our homes will help protect the health and safety of residents which is our priority. Visits from healthcare professionals and for matters relating to health and safety continue with appropriate precautions.
Our intention is to follow public health advice to determine when visits will return to normal. We will continue to do our best to support residents to keep in touch with loved ones via other methods, such as phone and video calls, letters or emails in the short term.