We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration details. For more details about how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice
Sunrise of Sonning is a care home providing personalised nursing, dementia care, assisted living and end of life care in Sonning near Reading, Berkshire. Respite care is also available if your loved one needs to recover after a hospital stay or if you simply need a break from your everyday routine.
Our Sonning care home offers first-class care, delivered by a team of highly skilled and caring professionals. And we’re proud that we have been inspected and rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
We know that even small things – like personalising your room or being able to have your favourite meal in the dining room – can mean a great deal. That’s why we work with you and your loved ones to tailor the care plan for their unique needs.
It’s also important for our residents to stay active, both mentally and physically. Our dedicated activities and events coordinator works hard to create a range of activities, events, entertainment, trips and outings.
Located a short distance from the River Thames, Sunrise of Sonning is only a few miles from Reading, Twyford and Henley-on-Thames town centre as well as links to the M4 and M40 motorways. Set over two and a half acres, it’s one of the largest Sunrise care homes offering a wide range of accommodation options and beautifully landscaped gardens.
All our Sunrise locations have team members that are qualified and experienced in offering palliative care. If you’d like to speak with someone about options and next steps, call us today or complete the form to arrange a visit.
● "I met with nothing but kindness and encouragement from the staff and residents and through all this I have regained most of my health." A.D., Respite Resident
● "The building and grounds are smart and well kept so my mother feels proud to welcome visitors to her new home. I particularly like the coffee bar which means that friends and family can make themselves at home on visits." Juliet H., Daughter of a Resident
● "Throughout [my mother's stay], the team have gone above and beyond what I would expect, showing real intelligence, professionalism and passion for the people in their care." C.M.T., Son of a Resident
● "My nana has made quite a few like-minded friends and always seems to have enjoyed some sort of activity during the day." A.C., Granddaughter of a Resident
● "The food is great and mealtimes are a real social event for mum." Susan H., Daughter of a Resident
● ‘My sister stayed at Sunrise of Sonning. Nothing was lacking in her end of life care. All staff were friendly at all times.’ H.C., Sister of a Resident
*These testimonials have been independently checked by Carehome.co.uk
Our Sonning care home includes:
● Fully furnished en-suite rooms
● Range of daily activities and social events
● Freshly prepared, nutritious meals
● Bright and airy bistro
● Comfortable, homely lounges
● Minibus for outings and day trips
● Picturesque landscaped garden
● Sociable dining rooms
● Option to personalise their room
We’d love for you to visit our care home in Sonning and discover what life is like at our friendly and warm community. Find out more about our services and book a tour today on 0118 214 8629.
We understand what a worrying time this is to be looking for care for a loved one. That’s why we want to reassure you that our dedicated teams are working tirelessly to keep our residents safe and to look after not only their physical but their mental wellbeing.
Whether you require residential, dementia, nursing or palliative care, in the short or long term, we are - and always will be - here for you.
We're excited to welcome new residents into our homes and can't wait to meet you. Please click here to find out more.
Please call for new enquiries on 0118 214 0866 to find out more about life at Sunrise of Sonning.
We continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis, following public health advice. We've a detailed set of criteria to inform when an individual home can be reopened safely to limited visiting either by families of existing residents or by potential new residents who may want to view one of our homes. The majority of our homes are open for admissions.
As part of our approach to reopening for visitors, we'll be operating in a very different way. To minimise the risk of infection we've produced a safety guide.
We'll continue to follow public health advice to determine when visits will return to normal and will continue to do our best to support residents to keep in touch with loved ones.