We want you to know exactly how our service works and why we need your registration details. For more details about how we use your information, please see our Privacy Notice
“My dedicated team and I are passionate about providing the best care possible for our residents. We go the extra mile to make Sunrise of Purley a lovely place to be.” – Tina Lawson – General Manager
Sunrise of Purley is a care home near Croydon providing personalised nursing, dementia care, residential care, end of life care and assisted living in Purley, Surrey. Respite care is also available if your loved one needs to recover after a hospital stay or if you simply need a break from your everyday routine.
Rated ‘Good’ by the Quality Care Commission, our Purley care home offers high-quality care, delivered by a team of highly skilled and caring professionals.
We know that even small things – like personalising your room or being able to have your favourite meal in the dining room – can mean a great deal. That’s why we work with you and your loved ones to tailor the care plan for their unique needs.
It’s also important for our residents to stay active, both mentally and physically. Our dedicated activities and events coordinator works hard to create a range of activities and events including arts and crafts, afternoon socials and pottery, entertainment, trips and outings.
Sunrise of Purley is conveniently located, with easy access to the M25 and the south coast. There is also an array of transport links including numerous buses and trains nearby. Croydon University Hospital is a short drive away.
Residents enjoy visiting Ashcroft Theatre, Centrale Shopping Centre and Fairfield Halls in Croydon. And we are within easy reach of Surrey’s Whitgift Shopping Centre and Purley Downs Golf Course.
All our Sunrise locations have team members that are qualified and experienced in offering palliative care. If you’d like to speak with someone about options and next steps, call us today or complete the form to arrange a visit.
● "I am here for a month for respite and I cannot fault anything. The care and kindness and being looked after with dignity." Myrtle B., Respite Resident
● "Knowing that your loved one is properly cared for and safe at all times is a real relief." A.T., Sister-in-Law of a Resident
● "The home has a lovely atmosphere and is always welcoming. Staff are friendly and helpful." K.Z., Daughter of a Resident
● “The care, patience and kindness the staff and managers give Mum is outstanding." J.P., Son of a Resident
● "The home is always clean and the food great - she particularly loves her puddings." Geoff P., Son of a Resident
● ‘Dad came from hospital under palliative care. We could relax knowing he was being attended to with such respect, warmth and genuine care for his remaining days.’ H.R., Daughter of a Resident
*These testimonials have been independently checked by Carehome.co.uk
Our Purley care home includes:
● Fully furnished en suite rooms
● Range of daily activities and social events
● Freshly prepared, nutritious meals
● Bright and airy bistro
● Comfortable, homely lounges
● Minibus for outings and day trips
● Picturesque landscaped garden
● Sociable dining rooms
● Option to personalise their room
Click here to learn more about Sunrise of Purley
Sunrise of Purley is proud to have been awarded platinum status with Excellence for End of Life Care, along with being short listed for the Gold Standards Framework (GSF) Care Home of the Year 2018.
We’d love to show you around the community and answer any questions you have. You can get in touch via the form on this page or give us a call on 020 3974 2730.
*Any data and information submitted will not be shared outside of Sunrise Senior Living and Gracewell Healthcare, our senior living and luxury care home offerings.
We understand what a worrying time this is to be looking for care for a loved one. That’s why we want to reassure you that our dedicated teams are working tirelessly to keep our residents safe and to look after not only their physical but their mental wellbeing.
Whether you require residential, dementia, nursing or palliative care, in the short or long term, we are - and always will be - here for you.
Please call Rebecca on 02039 742 730 to find out more about life at Sunrise of Purley.
As our residents are all particularly vulnerable to the COVID-19 infection, we have taken the difficult decision to temporarily suspend all visits from relatives and friends, unless in exceptional circumstances. We do not take this decision lightly; reducing visitors into our homes will help protect the health and safety of residents which is our priority. Visits from healthcare professionals and for matters relating to health and safety continue with appropriate precautions.
Our intention is to follow public health advice to determine when visits will return to normal. We will continue to do our best to support residents to keep in touch with loved ones via other methods, such as phone and video calls, letters or emails in the short term.